almost have evry thng happy

  • dave fales
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 8:46 AM
      OK thanks to a list member I have hopefully got every thing running the windows machine sees the xp machine the xp machine sees the linux machine the 98 machine see the linux well you get the idea all is well in home network land.. O.K. I am using ubunto I am sure that helps to know which one I am using. any hoooo OK So I decide to use the printer that is on the windows 98 on the linux machine O.K. so went into windows 98 machine and shared the printer I went over to the xp machine and I can install the 98 printer on it so it is defiantly shared of so I went to the linnux box and went under had printer then network printer then it has a drop down box and I selected the windows 98 machine then I went down to the drop down box for the name nothing do you have to manually type in the name of the 98 printer or am I doing something wrong thanks