Oracle's new Linux!

  • Parag Kalra
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2006
      *Oracle* on Oct. 25 announced that it will provide the same enterprise-class
      support for Linux as it provides for its database, middleware and
      applications products. Essentially, this means that Oracle, after removing
      Red Hat trademarks, will be distributing *Oracle Unbreakable Linux*, derived
      from Red Hat's open-source Linux technology.
      *Oracle*, however, claims that it is merely "supporting" *Unbreakable Linux*,
      which is based on *Red Hat Enterprise Linux*.

      Read more about it here<http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2037291,00.asp>

      *Walk-through Oracle's new Linux* (Pics) : Click
      here<http://www.eweek.com/slideshow/0,1206,l=&s=25947&a=192535,00.asp>

      --
      PARAG . A . KALRA, The Linux Lad!
      Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground.-Theodore Roosevelt

      http://discoverlinux.blogspot.com/
      In this world without WALLS and GATES who need WINDOWS! USE LINUX! STOP
      PIRACY! GO OPEN SOURCE!

      WATER!
      "Water is life's mater and matrix, mother and medium. There is no life
      without water."

      Its only when the well is dry, we know the worth of water.

      The crisis of our diminishing water resources is just as severe (if less
      obviously immediate) as any wartime crisis we have ever faced. Our survival
      is just as much at stake as it was at the time of Pearl Harbor, or the
      Argonne, or Gettysburg, or Saratoga

      Its small water Droplets that fill Sea & Pail. Show respect for every drop
      of water.
      Save Water! Save Your Soul!