Enabling basic samba file sharing on fc4

  • the_fiendish
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2006
      Hi,

      I've been battling to find the basics necessary to enable file
      sharing on a new fc4 installation with SELinux installed. I don't
      need udernames and password, I just want to be able to browse a share
      on the fc4 from any other computer on the network.

      Initially I found info on the web on editing smb.conf etc but that
      only gets to a certain point, eventually got to the point where I had
      to disable SELinux all together, only then would it work. setsebool
      disable_tran??? 0, can't remember the command off hand. This works
      but it's always a shlep to get it setup from start coz I don't know
      the minimal amount I need to change smb.conf and how to properly get
      around SELinux oh and also I've just been completely disabling the
      Firewall altogether.

      Thanks for all your help...