debian and kde

  • James Jolin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2006
      Anybody got a handle on how to get debian to run kde instead of gnome?
      I'm using debian etch and I have tried by looking at the man pages for
      xinit and xinitrc and I can't even find where the command to run gnome
      is. I looked at my suse 10.1 files and got no hint there. I used to be
      able to type startx kde and kde would run. That was awhile back with
      redhat.
      Jim

    • devi usha
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2006
        Hi
        We are using redhat and startup login option is through xlogin. There we have the option named SESSION where we can select the desktop environment, GNOME or KDE.
        I don't have idea about the command.
        Usha