hi all regarding installation of gnu assebler

  • kl_cht
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2006
      hi all

      i want ....how to install the cdk4avr packages in linux

      i download all packages cdk-avr-base ,binutils,gcc,gdb....etc

      but how these rpms installed in linux

      and how to start coding in assembly
      please send me the details
      thanks ...........
    • Chad Martin
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2006
        kl_cht wrote:
        > i want ....how to install the cdk4avr packages in linux
        >
        > i download all packages cdk-avr-base ,binutils,gcc,gdb....etc
        >
        > but how these rpms installed in linux

        Are you running a distro that uses RPMs? If so, this should work if you
        run it as root:

        rpm -Uvh name_of_package.rpm

        You also may want to look at this list's FAQ. It contains a lot of
        helpful information:

        http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/linfaq.html

        > and how to start coding in assembly

        This list is not the place to learn how to program, especially in
        assembly. I'd suggest looking for a more appropriate list or searching
        the web for some guides.

        Chad Martin