Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Linux software questions

  • Daryl Douglas Sr
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 16, 2006
      Any tweaking is explained on each website that you go
      to. Manuals and or support is available. Which Linux
      distro are you using?

      Prayer brings peace.
      If you don't know your past, you won't know your future.
    • adrien burke
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 16, 2006
        On Feb 16, 2006, at 19:34, Daryl Douglas Sr wrote:

        > Any tweaking is explained on each website that you go
        > to.  Manuals and or support is available.  Which Linux
        > distro are you using?

        I am not - I have a mac OSX, which is apparently related to Unix. I
        was able to buy a book for my grandson on switching to Linux from
        Windows, because he wants graphics programs that are unaffordable -
        unless they're Linux. I too would like to use a 3d modeling program,
        that is why I joined this list - to see what is available or do-able
        with my Mac.

        _,.+*^*+.,__,.+*^*+.,__,.+*^*+.,__,.+*^*+.,__,.+*^*+.
        Slán a Chara,
        adrien rain burke
        "Ceiltis" a compilation of Celtic music for every mood
        on the occasion of An Claidheamh Soluis/The Celtic Arts Center's 20th
        year.
        All profits benefit The Celtic Arts Center, a small non-profit, 501.c3
        corporation dedicated to promoting Celtic Art & Language -
        Hear it at http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/ceiltis
        _,.+*^*+.,__,.+*^*+.,__,.+*^*+.,__,.+*^*+.,__,.+*^*+.
        See my design portfolio:
        http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/celticT/ARTINDY.html
      • prakash sinha
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 17, 2006
          DEAR ADRIEN BURKE

          tHANKS A LOT FOR WRITING. wITH REGARDS,

          YOURS SINCERELY

          PK SINHA

          adrien burke <eandubh@...> wrote:
          Thanks - that's all there is to it? I don't have to tweak mystem or
          anything? Wow.

          On Feb 16, 2006, at 7:46, Daryl Douglas Sr wrote:

          > Check out www.linux.org
          >
          > This is a good site for all things linux. You can do
          > a search for programs you need and can download for
          > free.
          >
          > Sign up is free and they do not send you junk mail.
          >
          > Good luck,
          > Daryl
          >

          > Prayer brings peace.
          > If you don't know your past, you won't know your future.
          >

          > To unsubscribe from this list, please email
          > LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

          > Linux operating system
          > Unix operating system
          > Linux software
          > Linux
          >
          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          >
          > ▪  Visit your group "LINUX_Newbies" on the web.
          > Service.

          _,.+*^*+.,__,.+*^*+.,__,.+*^*+.,__,.+*^*+.,__,.+*^*+.
          Slán a Chara,
          adrien rain burke
          "Ceiltis" a compilation of Celtic music for every mood
          on the occasion of An Claidheamh Soluis/The Celtic Arts Center's 20th
          year.
          All profits benefit The Celtic Arts Center, a small non-profit, 501.c3
          corporation dedicated to promoting Celtic Art & Language -
          Hear it at http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/ceiltis
          _,.+*^*+.,__,.+*^*+.,__,.+*^*+.,__,.+*^*+.,__,.+*^*+.
          See my design portfolio:
          http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/celticT/ARTINDY.html

          Linux operating system Unix operating system Linux software Linux

          ---------------------------------

        • prakash sinha
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 17, 2006
            Dear Daryl Douglas

            I am using Fedora Core.
            Thanks a lot.

            P.K.Sinha

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 17, 2006
              I think Blender is Mac compatible. I haven't started
              using it yet (still on my Windows machine), but I have
              heard that it is pretty good. Let me know how it
              turns out for the Mac.

              Daryl

              Prayer brings peace.
              If you don't know your past, you won't know your future.
            • Chad Martin
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 4, 2006
                adrien burke wrote:
                > I have a Macintosh OSX and I am interested in using Linux software,
                > particularly graphics, 3d modeling and (hopefully) a font editing and
                > creation program. But I don't know how to go about it. And then, should
                > I be able to get it and use it, how can I get instructions on using it?

                Technically, OSX is BSD-based, so you probably want to be looking at BSD
                software, not Linux.

                Chad Martin