Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Problems with SAMBA

  • Ajay Bhagwan Dudani [T]
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2001
      see http://www.crosswinds.net/~ajay/linux/
      check out the file server links....i had done that about a year and half back and put the entire documentation here...

      this should be helpful.....

      it also has info on setting up print server, mail server and web server...something you may want to try ur hands on

      ajay
      dudani
    • vike k
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2001
        hi

        which version of windoze are yu using?

        by default win uses encrypted passwords - i use plain passwords and have
        setup my samba box using plain passwords. to enable plain passwords in
        windows yu have to search for the registry files
        in redhat 6.2 i have them at

        /usr/doc/sambax.x.x/docs/NT4_PlainPassword.reg

        search for them, copy them onto yr windows system and double click
        them. yr registry settings will be modified. restart and yu will log in.

        if that is not the prob, then send the smb.conf file.

        if someone can enlighten me on using encrypted passwords, it wud be nice.

        thanks

        --
        vike*
        'If you want something done right,