Re: HI

  • terrybman58
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 31, 2005
      Just want to say thanks to everyone for their help.... Hopefully one
      day I may be able to return the favor.

      Thanks again

      Terry
    • Sunil Kulkarni
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 3, 2005
        Hi!

        I could successfully create files using "at" and "batch" commands on my Suse 9.3. I was wondering if a linux pc can be used to set an "alarm" of some kind? Something like scheduling starting a music CD in the CD drive or invoking a mp3 file (in Hard disk) to play at a predefined date & time using commands like "at" or "batch" or "cron"?

        Regards,

        sk

      • IraqiGeek
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 3, 2005
          > Hi!
          >
          > I could successfully create files using "at" and "batch" commands on my
          > Suse 9.3. I was wondering if a linux pc can be used to set an "alarm" of
          > some kind? Something like scheduling starting a music CD in the CD drive
          > or invoking a mp3 file (in Hard disk) to play at a predefined date & time
          > using commands like "at" or "batch" or "cron"?

          I believe you can scheduale almost any activity through cron

          IraqiGeek
        • Chad Martin
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 3, 2005
            Sunil Kulkarni wrote:
            > I could successfully create files using "at" and "batch" commands on my Suse 9.3. I was wondering if a linux pc can be used to set an "alarm" of some kind? Something like scheduling starting a music CD in the CD drive or invoking a mp3 file (in Hard disk) to play at a predefined date & time using commands like "at" or "batch" or "cron"?

            If you know the command you want to run, and by command I mean one you
            type into a command line, cron can run it for you.

            Check out the man page for crontab. It's actually quite good.

            man 5 crontab

            Chad Martin