Help me on KDeveloper

  • naresh bhalala
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 1, 2005
      Hello Friends,

      I have finished with my project compilation using
      normal settings (as it's cpp project, it must have
      used g++ compiler)
      Now same project I have to compile and run using
      arm-linux-g++ compiler....
      I can see the "Compiler option" in Project->options
      but dont know How to change "g++" compiler to
      "arm-linux-g++" compiler so it can compile my project
      with "arm-linux-g++" compiler .....

      thanks
      regards...Naresh

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Davey Brain
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 1, 2005
        naresh bhalala wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > I have finished with my one project deceloped in
        > Microsoft VC++ under windows...
        >
        > Now I need to port into Linux and want to use
        > KDeveloper as a IDE for same project....
        > any one can give me idea/advise how to load same
        > project in KDeveloper
        > or any link/page/doc/pdf/article on this ...
        >
        > thanks
        > regards.....Naresh

        Hi,
        I went to Google <http://www.google.com> and did a search on this
        phrase: 'Microsoft "Visual C++" files in Linux'. It came up with some
        links (231,000) and some on the first page look very useful and
        informative. Feel free to explore those links.

        I hope this helps.
        WarpDavey
        --
        Davey Brain
        Due to political oppression I'm seeking a Canadian or European

        "It is dangerous to be right when the established authorities are wrong"
        - Voltaire

        This OS/2 uptime is 3 d 02 h 22 m 41 seconds
      • naresh bhalala
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 1, 2005
          Hi Dan,

          appreciating your support/EMail/sugg
          thanks once again...

          Naresh

          --- Dan Engel <dan@...> wrote:

          > naresh bhalala wrote:
          >
          > >Hi
          > >I have Development Board (EDB9302) from Cirrus
          > >Logic...
          > >Having Cirrus-arm-linux-1.4.3
          > >and Kernel is ver 2.4.21
          > >
          > >While configuring the kernel configuration, It
          > shows
          > >only 1 option regarding smb i.e. smb file system
          > >support (for windows folder share etc)
          > >
          > >where to get add user name , set password....???Is
          > it
          > >after this kernel get boot up ???
          > >

          > Yes, after the kernel is booted.
          >
          > This is actually the same for all filesystems. Once
          > the kernel is
          > booted, it mounts the filesystems according to
          > options provided in
          > various places (/etc/fstab is the most direct
          > place). One of those
          > options is the "type." In your case, the type would
          > be "smbfs." But then
          > you would have to provide the username and password
          > as options. You
          > would also have to specify where to mount from
          > (which Windows computer
          > and the name of the shared drive).
          >
          > By the way, regarding your original post, it appears
          > you may have a
          > misunderstanding of the relationship between the
          > samba service and the
          > smbfs module.
          >
          > The samba service allows your Linux computer to
          > export directory shares
          > to Windows computers. It does not interact in any
          > way with the smbfs
          > module, or with mounting smbfs filesystems.
          >
          > The smbfs module is a samba client, which means it
          > can import Windows
          > directory shares to local mount points. It does not
          > share local
          > directories with other computers, though.

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        • Jaqui Greenlees
          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 2, 2005
            --- naresh bhalala <nbhalala@...> wrote:

            > Hello Friends,
            >
            > I have finished with my project compilation using
            > normal settings (as it's cpp project, it must have
            > used g++ compiler)
            > Now same project I have to compile and run using
            > arm-linux-g++ compiler....
            > I can see the "Compiler option" in Project->options
            > but dont know How to change "g++" compiler to
            > "arm-linux-g++" compiler so it can compile my
            > project
            > with "arm-linux-g++" compiler .....
            >
            > thanks
            > regards...Naresh

            edit the configure script and makefile for the
            project.
            specially the makefile

            generally, make will call gcc, so to ensure the
            desired compiler is used you have to set a macro in it
            to call the arm-linux-g++ compiler instead, depending
            on invocation of make
            ie make --arm -all
            if the compiler doesn't appear in the kdevelop
            compiler list then that is the only option.
            if it appears in the compiler list then you can just
            select it from the drop down list where the comipler
            is specified.
            no drop down, then edit kdevelop's advanced options to
            include it as a compiler option.
            pointing kevelop to the arm-linux-g++ executable in
            the process

            http://mail.yahoo.com