Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Help please - smb

  • Harold Heckuba
    Message 1 of 19 , May 31 7:12 AM
      --- naresh bhalala <nbhalala@...> wrote:
      > where to get add user name , set password....???Is
      > it
      > after this kernel get boot up ???

      Go here http://www.brennan.id.au/18-Samba.html print
      it out, read it and you'll get a better understanding
      of how this works. I used it and it is great.

      HH

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • naresh bhalala
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 1, 2005
        Hello Friends,

        I have finished with my project compilation using
        normal settings (as it's cpp project, it must have
        used g++ compiler)
        Now same project I have to compile and run using
        arm-linux-g++ compiler....
        I can see the "Compiler option" in Project->options
        but dont know How to change "g++" compiler to
        "arm-linux-g++" compiler so it can compile my project
        with "arm-linux-g++" compiler .....

        thanks
        regards...Naresh

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Davey Brain
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 1, 2005
          naresh bhalala wrote:
          > Hello,
          >
          > I have finished with my one project deceloped in
          > Microsoft VC++ under windows...
          >
          > Now I need to port into Linux and want to use
          > KDeveloper as a IDE for same project....
          > any one can give me idea/advise how to load same
          > project in KDeveloper
          > or any link/page/doc/pdf/article on this ...
          >
          > thanks
          > regards.....Naresh

          Hi,
          I went to Google <http://www.google.com> and did a search on this
          phrase: 'Microsoft "Visual C++" files in Linux'. It came up with some
          links (231,000) and some on the first page look very useful and
          informative. Feel free to explore those links.

          I hope this helps.
          WarpDavey
          --
          Davey Brain
          Due to political oppression I'm seeking a Canadian or European

          "It is dangerous to be right when the established authorities are wrong"
          - Voltaire

          This OS/2 uptime is 3 d 02 h 22 m 41 seconds
        • naresh bhalala
          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 1, 2005
            Hi Dan,

            appreciating your support/EMail/sugg
            thanks once again...

            Naresh

            --- Dan Engel <dan@...> wrote:

            > naresh bhalala wrote:
            >
            > >Hi
            > >I have Development Board (EDB9302) from Cirrus
            > >Logic...
            > >Having Cirrus-arm-linux-1.4.3
            > >and Kernel is ver 2.4.21
            > >
            > >While configuring the kernel configuration, It
            > shows
            > >only 1 option regarding smb i.e. smb file system
            > >support (for windows folder share etc)
            > >
            > >where to get add user name , set password....???Is
            > it
            > >after this kernel get boot up ???
            > >

            > Yes, after the kernel is booted.
            >
            > This is actually the same for all filesystems. Once
            > the kernel is
            > booted, it mounts the filesystems according to
            > options provided in
            > various places (/etc/fstab is the most direct
            > place). One of those
            > options is the "type." In your case, the type would
            > be "smbfs." But then
            > you would have to provide the username and password
            > as options. You
            > would also have to specify where to mount from
            > (which Windows computer
            > and the name of the shared drive).
            >
            > By the way, regarding your original post, it appears
            > you may have a
            > misunderstanding of the relationship between the
            > samba service and the
            > smbfs module.
            >
            > The samba service allows your Linux computer to
            > export directory shares
            > to Windows computers. It does not interact in any
            > way with the smbfs
            > module, or with mounting smbfs filesystems.
            >
            > The smbfs module is a samba client, which means it
            > can import Windows
            > directory shares to local mount points. It does not
            > share local
            > directories with other computers, though.

            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
          • Jaqui Greenlees
            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 2, 2005
              --- naresh bhalala <nbhalala@...> wrote:

              > Hello Friends,
              >
              > I have finished with my project compilation using
              > normal settings (as it's cpp project, it must have
              > used g++ compiler)
              > Now same project I have to compile and run using
              > arm-linux-g++ compiler....
              > I can see the "Compiler option" in Project->options
              > but dont know How to change "g++" compiler to
              > "arm-linux-g++" compiler so it can compile my
              > project
              > with "arm-linux-g++" compiler .....
              >
              > thanks
              > regards...Naresh

              edit the configure script and makefile for the
              project.
              specially the makefile

              generally, make will call gcc, so to ensure the
              desired compiler is used you have to set a macro in it
              to call the arm-linux-g++ compiler instead, depending
              on invocation of make
              ie make --arm -all
              if the compiler doesn't appear in the kdevelop
              compiler list then that is the only option.
              if it appears in the compiler list then you can just
              select it from the drop down list where the comipler
              is specified.
              no drop down, then edit kdevelop's advanced options to
              include it as a compiler option.
              pointing kevelop to the arm-linux-g++ executable in
              the process

              http://mail.yahoo.com