Suse 9.2 Klauncher error

  • wadanil
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2005
      Hello everyone,
      I've been playing around with linux for some time now and i'm almost
      ready to give windoze the boot for good. I run a triple boot machine
      with Suse 9.2 (My favorite distro), Fredora Core 3 and Win XP.
      Anyway, when I boot to Suse, I get an error message that says:

      Could not start process. Unable to create io-slave.
      Klauncher said unknown protocol "devices"

      As far as I can tell everything works great and I have never had any
      problems doing anything that I need to. It's just annoying and has
      really peaked my curiosity. What's behind it ?

      Thanks
    • Daniel
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2005
        On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 20:40:43 -0000, wadanil <big-n-beefy@...> wrote:

        > Hello everyone,
        > I've been playing around with linux for some time now and i'm almost
        > ready to give windoze the boot for good. I run a triple boot machine
        > with Suse 9.2 (My favorite distro), Fredora Core 3 and Win XP.
        > Anyway, when I boot to Suse, I get an error message that says:
        >
        > Could not start process. Unable to create io-slave.
        > Klauncher said unknown protocol "devices"
        >
        > As far as I can tell everything works great and I have never had any
        > problems doing anything that I need to. It's just annoying and has
        > really peaked my curiosity. What's behind it ?
        >
        > Thanks

        Not to be snooty but a quick google search would provide a good list
        of anwsers. The link I thought worked was this

        http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-kde/2004-Aug/0072.html

        --
        Want a MiniMac
        http://www.FreeMiniMacs.com/?r=14396509
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2005
          --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Daniel <dascamel@g...> wrote:
          > On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 20:40:43 -0000, wadanil <big-n-beefy@m...> wrote:
          > >

          > > Hello everyone,
          > > I've been playing around with linux for some time now and i'm almost
          > > ready to give windoze the boot for good. I run a triple boot machine
          > > with Suse 9.2 (My favorite distro), Fredora Core 3 and Win XP.
          > > Anyway, when I boot to Suse, I get an error message that says:
          > >
          > > Could not start process. Unable to create io-slave.
          > > Klauncher said unknown protocol "devices"
          > >
          > > As far as I can tell everything works great and I have never had any
          > > problems doing anything that I need to. It's just annoying and has
          > > really peaked my curiosity. What's behind it ?
          > >
          > > Thanks
          >
          > Not to be snooty but a quick google search would provide a good list
          > of anwsers. The link I thought worked was this
          >
          > http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-kde/2004-Aug/0072.html
          >
          > --
          > Want a MiniMac
          > http://www.FreeMiniMacs.com/?r=14396509

          Thank you it worked great. I honestly never thought to use Google. I
          guess I was looking for a group to join and just be a part of....
          Where I live, i'm surrounded by windoze users and most of them haven't
          even heard of Linux. Horse and pig farmers mostly, anyway thanks for
          your help...