Trouble shooting Messenger Problems

  • Nasrullah Khan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2005
      I have a setup of three computers.
      1)Dual Boot Win98 & RH9(Fc1)(Internet connection)
      2)The other two are win 98 based

      Now the problem i have is Yahoo voice chat does not
      work from the win98 based computers, when i have
      booted the first computer in Linux and the Internet
      connection is shared from there, it works fine when
      the first machine is booted into win98 and the
      Internet connection is shared.

      Secondly when i use the MSN and Yahoo based clones for
      Linux on the first computer my messages though are
      sent properly to the other windows based messengers
      but are not received after some time on my Linux
      messenger clones.

      Finally what Linux messenger clones would be feasible
      for voice and video chat with other windows based
      machines as the current Ymsgr and amsn for Linux do
      not support voice and video.

      Thanks

      =====
      BHK