Hi.. all

  • ab_bhasker
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2005
      I am newbies in linux. but i worked on unix-hp/AIX/Solaries. and
      system programming side.

      can any one help me regarding to start with linux-internal, writing
      kernal moudule, and DD.

      Thankx in adv,

      Regds,
      Bhasker Agrawal
    • Michael Kjorling
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2005
        On 2005-01-04 12:12 -0000, ab_bhasker@... wrote:
        > can any one help me regarding to start with linux-internal, writing
        > kernal moudule,

        There are plenty of kernel modules in the Linux kernel source code
        tree, just pick any of the simpler ones (or more advanced, if you are
        feeling brave) and study it, then modify it to do whatever you want to
        do. This is a part of the FSF's definition of free software - in
        particular, freedom 1.

        > and DD.

        I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, here.

        --
        Michael Kjörling, michael@... - http://michael.kjorling.com/
        * ASCII Ribbon Campaign: Against HTML Mail, Proprietary Attachments *
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2005
          On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 12:12:27 -0000
          "ab_bhasker" <ab_bhasker@...> wrote:

          > I am newbies in linux. but i worked on unix-hp/AIX/Solaries. and
          > system programming side.
          >
          > can any one help me regarding to start with linux-internal, writing
          > kernal moudule, and DD.

          For help on dd, check the man page.

          There is a kernel module how-to at www.tlpd.org.

          http://www.tldp.org/LDP/lkmpg/