Re: [LINUX_Newbies] qtlib - do I have it?

  • Michael Sullivan
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2004
      I believe that you're referring to the Qt library. It's a GUI toolkit
      for making KDE GUI applications. Here's their website:

      http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt/

      --
    • eliroven

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 31, 2004
          On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 16:07:55 +0000
          Michael Sullivan <michael@...> wrote:

          > > I am trying to install a "download manager" - I have opted for a
          > > 1.5GB
          > > ADSL contract and it comes with a "speedmanager" which keeps track
          > > of your "usage" so as not to go overboard.
          > >
          > > One of its requirements was QTLIB 1.4 or higher.
          > >
          > > I dont seem to have this installed on my system and dont seem to be
          > > able to google it or find it anywhere. Does anyone know what these
          > > libraries are, what they do and how I can get them into my system.
          > >
          > > It also says I need QT 1.4 development environment (Qtdevel) - is
          > > this
          > > the same or something different.

          If you were using Debian it's advanced package manager would solve all
          the above for you using a single 'apt-get install' command whilst
          leaving you to continue with fun parts of linux.

          http://freshmeat.net/projects/trafcount/
          http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=traffic+monitor