running kopete at startup

  • Cindy Cullen
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2004
      I would like for certain programs, kopete for one, to start up each time I
      start-up linux. How do I specify what starts up at login time? Or can I do
      that in Linux?

      Thanks,
      Cindy
    • Michael Kjorling
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2004
        On 2004-12-02 13:15 -0600, cindycullen@... wrote:
        > I would like for certain programs, kopete for one, to start up each time I
        > start-up linux. How do I specify what starts up at login time? Or can I do
        > that in Linux?

        On boot: /etc/rc.d/rc.local

        On login to shell: ~/.bashrc

        On startup of X: ~/.xinitrc

        It is also possible that your window manager or desktop environment
        allows you to specify applications to run at startup. For example, in
        GNOME you can do it under Applications -> Desktop Preferences ->
        Advanced -> Sessions -> Startup Programs.

        --
        Michael Kjörling, michael@... - http://michael.kjorling.com/
        OpenPGP Fingerprint: 3723 9372 c245 d6a8 18a6 36ac 758F8749 BDE9ADA6
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2004
          On Thursday 02 December 2004 1:26 pm, Michael Kjorling wrote:
          > It is also possible that your window manager or desktop environment
          > allows you to specify applications to run at startup. For example, in
          > GNOME you can do it under Applications -> Desktop Preferences ->
          > Advanced -> Sessions -> Startup Programs.

          Thank YOU! This did the trick!

          Cindy