how to trace commands from kde

  • eliroven
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1 1:14 PM
      Hi guys and gals

      I have been tampering (again...) and wondered how I can trace/see a
      command when I click an item on the kde interface... I have MDK10 and
      want to make a direct link (icon) from my desktop to start my internet
      connection. At the moment I have to go to "Mandrake Control Centre",
      then click "Internet Connections", then from there go to "Manage
      Connections", and only then I can press "Connect".

      I have learned already that /usr/sbin/drakconf gets me to the "Mandrak
      Control Centre". If I could log or record or see what command is being
      perfomred when I click "Internet Connections", maybe I can make an
      icon direclty with this command and save myself a step... In other
      words: is there a way to view behind the scences of KDE?

      Sorry for hte wordy explanation/question, but I hope some kind soul
      out there can see what I am trying to do and throw us a lifeline.

      Tschuess

      eliroven
    • wolf_bear
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2 6:18 PM
        eliroven wrote:

        > Hi guys and gals
        >
        > I have been tampering (again...) and wondered how I can trace/see a
        > command when I click an item on the kde interface... I have MDK10 and
        > want to make a direct link (icon) from my desktop to start my internet
        > connection. At the moment I have to go to "Mandrake Control Centre",
        > then click "Internet Connections", then from there go to "Manage
        > Connections", and only then I can press "Connect".
        >
        > I have learned already that /usr/sbin/drakconf gets me to the "Mandrak
        > Control Centre". If I could log or record or see what command is being
        > perfomred when I click "Internet Connections", maybe I can make an
        > icon direclty with this command and save myself a step... In other
        > words: is there a way to view behind the scences of KDE?
        >
        > Sorry for hte wordy explanation/question, but I hope some kind soul
        > out there can see what I am trying to do and throw us a lifeline.
        >
        > Tschuess
        >
        > eliroven

        I'm using KDE under RedHat, but, hopefully, KDE is set up the same:

        SYSTEM SETTINGS > SERVER SETTINGS > SERVICES

        Check the NETWORK box

        SYSTEM SETTINGS > NETWORK (NETWORK CONFIGURATION)

        Highlight the modem > click EDIT > under the GENERAL tab - check the
        box: "activate device when computer starts"

        Hope that helps.