sendmail-help

  • com bio
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 2004
      hello ,
      As suggested by Randal L. Schwartz - Stonehenge
      Consulting Services, i added the following line in my
      code
      print "sendmail exit status: $?\n";
      i got 0 as exit status.
      out put:

      sendmail exit status: 0
      mail sent.

      but still i receipient has not received any mail
      please guide me
      thanks

      now my code looks like

      #!/usr/bin/perl

      unless(open (MAIL, "|/usr/sbin/sendmail
      -t"))
      {
      print "error.\n";
      warn "Error starting sendmail: $!";
      }
      else
      {
      print MAIL "From: deepan\@...\n";
      print MAIL "To: combiofriends\@...\n";
      print MAIL "Subject: test subject\n\n";
      print MAIL "deepan,combiofriends test mail
      message";
      close(MAIL) || warn "Error closing mail: $!";
      print "sendmail exit status: $?\n";
      print "Mail sent.\n";
      }

      =====