Re: [LINUX_Newbies] fedora on ze4258

  • Mark Jensen
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2004
      On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 17:07, davemalins2003 wrote:
      > Hi there,
      > I am having trouble trying to install fedora core 1 onto my hp
      > pavillion notebook ze4258. The keyboard is not recognised and trying
      > to use an external ps2 keyboard does not respond either, has anyone
      > had this problem and managed to overcome it?. I guess the problem is
      > in the machine not fedora, anyclues?
      >
      > cheers all
      >
      > dave

      Is it not recognized at all for the install process? I assume it works
      to enter BIOS, and I assume it works to type "linux rescue" if you want
      at the first prompt when booting the Fedora CD...

      At what point does it fail? After install is completed? Can you do a
      minimal install (text) and have it work?

      Just some basic generic questions because I don't have a lot of info to
      work off of at the moment. :)

      Mark
    • davemalins2003
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2004
        --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Mark Jensen <markjensen@c...>
        wrote:
        > On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 17:07, davemalins2003 wrote:
        > > Hi there,
        > > I am having trouble trying to install fedora core 1 onto my hp
        > > pavillion notebook ze4258. The keyboard is not recognised and
        trying
        > > to use an external ps2 keyboard does not respond either, has
        anyone
        > > had this problem and managed to overcome it?. I guess the
        problem is
        > > in the machine not fedora, anyclues?
        > >
        > > cheers all
        > >
        > > dave
        >
        > Is it not recognized at all for the install process? I assume it
        works
        > to enter BIOS, and I assume it works to type "linux rescue" if you
        want
        > at the first prompt when booting the Fedora CD...
        >
        > At what point does it fail? After install is completed? Can you
        do a
        > minimal install (text) and have it work?
        >
        > Just some basic generic questions because I don't have a lot of
        info to
        > work off of at the moment. :)
        >
        > Mark

        sorry, i had a look around and some people had problems when 'by
        default' usb legacy support was enabled in the bios (i assume for
        old keyboards etc) so i disabled this and it now detects, but then i
        hit a snag on the install in my other post which i have not resolved
        yet, any help would be great

        cheers for the reply