Re: [LINUX_Newbies] question

  • Mark Jensen
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 10, 2004
      On Fri, 2004-04-09 at 20:18, James Smith wrote:
      > Hi All,
      > My system has not locked up in a week.......Linux is GREAT! Been a
      > user for one week now. In my root dircrtory I have a "windows"
      > folder with "C" and "c" in it. I was wondering if this is a Linux
      > dir. or left over from my old windows me op. system that I formatted
      > out. If it is left over how can I get it out?
      > Thanks Everyone,
      > Jim

      Congratulations on starting the "conversion process"! ;)

      As for the "windows" directory (at the root level, with /bin and
      whatnot?), it may be an artifact from a mis-configured wine. One thing
      is sure, it is *not* your "C:\Windows" from that *other* OS.

      Do you use wine to run Windows programs?

      Mark
    • Tim Fairchild
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 10, 2004
        On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 10:46 pm, Mark Jensen wrote:
        > On Fri, 2004-04-09 at 20:18, James Smith wrote:
        > > Hi All,
        > > My system has not locked up in a week.......Linux is GREAT! Been a
        > > user for one week now. In my root dircrtory I have a "windows"
        > > folder with "C" and "c" in it. I was wondering if this is a Linux
        > > dir. or left over from my old windows me op. system that I formatted
        > > out. If it is left over how can I get it out?
        > > Thanks Everyone,
        > > Jim
        >
        > Congratulations on starting the "conversion process"! ;)
        >
        > As for the "windows" directory (at the root level, with /bin and
        > whatnot?), it may be an artifact from a mis-configured wine. One thing
        > is sure, it is *not* your "C:\Windows" from that *other* OS.
        >
        > Do you use wine to run Windows programs?

        What would be helpful would be for you to open and terminal window and type df
        and send us the results. That will let us know what drives your install has
        mounted.

        tim

        Tim & Therese Fairchild
        Atchafalaya Border Collies.