question

  • James Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 9, 2004
      Hi All,
      My system has not locked up in a week.......Linux is GREAT! Been a
      user for on e week now. In my root dircrtory I have a "windows"
      folder with "C" and "c" in it. I was wondering if this is a Linux
      dir. or left over from my old windows me op. system that I formatted
      out. If it is left over how can I get it out?
      Thanks Everyone,
      Jim
    • Mark Jensen
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 10, 2004
        On Fri, 2004-04-09 at 20:18, James Smith wrote:
        > Hi All,
        > My system has not locked up in a week.......Linux is GREAT! Been a
        > user for one week now. In my root dircrtory I have a "windows"
        > folder with "C" and "c" in it. I was wondering if this is a Linux
        > dir. or left over from my old windows me op. system that I formatted
        > out. If it is left over how can I get it out?
        > Thanks Everyone,
        > Jim

        Congratulations on starting the "conversion process"! ;)

        As for the "windows" directory (at the root level, with /bin and
        whatnot?), it may be an artifact from a mis-configured wine. One thing
        is sure, it is *not* your "C:\Windows" from that *other* OS.

        Do you use wine to run Windows programs?

        Mark
      • Tim Fairchild
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 10, 2004
          On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 10:46 pm, Mark Jensen wrote:
          > On Fri, 2004-04-09 at 20:18, James Smith wrote:
          > > Hi All,
          > > My system has not locked up in a week.......Linux is GREAT! Been a
          > > user for one week now. In my root dircrtory I have a "windows"
          > > folder with "C" and "c" in it. I was wondering if this is a Linux
          > > dir. or left over from my old windows me op. system that I formatted
          > > out. If it is left over how can I get it out?
          > > Thanks Everyone,
          > > Jim
          >
          > Congratulations on starting the "conversion process"! ;)
          >
          > As for the "windows" directory (at the root level, with /bin and
          > whatnot?), it may be an artifact from a mis-configured wine. One thing
          > is sure, it is *not* your "C:\Windows" from that *other* OS.
          >
          > Do you use wine to run Windows programs?

          What would be helpful would be for you to open and terminal window and type df
          and send us the results. That will let us know what drives your install has
          mounted.

          tim

          Tim & Therese Fairchild
          Atchafalaya Border Collies.