LIBFDISK : extra help required

  • vishal saberwal
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 11, 2004
      hi ... i am a novice and trying to understand and make
      a c++ version of libfdisk with a customized display.
      I am looking for :
      1>Partition Name assigned by user while making
      partition.
      2>Mount Point for a partition.
      3>Status : Allocated/Available/Empty.
      I intend to do raw I/O to the Hard Drive ( IDE ) and
      get the information.
      Could someone tell me where ( if exists ) this
      information on Hard Drive exists and if there is a
      structure that i can query for the same.

      LIBFDISK library assigns its own partition name as
      "Exist..." whereas i want to read the original names.

      Mount Points are in fstab, but couldn't understand how
      it got 'em.

      Thanks,
      Vishal

      =====