Re: [LINUX_Newbies] help with suse gui please

  • columbo
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 7, 2003
      On Monday 28 July 2003 06:00 am, liunxman wrote:
      > I am using suse 8.2 and i am using and I am using fvwm but i also
      > installed blackbox but suse will not log in to blackbox. It keeps
      > sending me stright to fvwm with no way to log into blackbox...please
      > help.

      Hi,

      Hmmm...what is your default runlevel? Is it the SuSE default of runlevel 5?
      Are you seeing the graphical logon after booting? If so, is blackbox one of
      the possible selections? Have you setup an autologin to the desktop?

      Are you booting at runlevel 3? Do you boot into a console logon? If so and
      after logging in, are you running 'startx blackbox' at the command line?

      Inquiring minds want to know.

      --
      SENILE.COM found: out of memory...
      SuSE 8.2 - KDE 3.1.3