Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Gentoo and loading the aha152x driver

  • Chad Martin
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 6 6:54 PM
      JamesSwanson454@... wrote:
      > I know that RedHat 7.1-7.3 had a problem with the older AHA SCSI BIOS, since it used the 2.4.x kernel, which required a newer BIOS version. Can you update the BIOS on your SCSI card?

      Hmm, I can look into it, but I know Redhat 9 works with the card out of
      the box, and I think I used it with RH 7.3 but I can't be sure.

      DTC is hard to track down. I had quite a hard time just finding jumper
      settings on the web. I can look for a BIOS update for the card, but it
      may be nearly impossible.

      Thanks for the suggestion. I'll take a look.

      Chad