SMB Password

  • AMOL
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2003
      Dear All:

      I have configured SAMBA on my RH7.3 box and can access
      the shared folder remotely thru Win2K box.

      The problem is it asks for user name and passwd only
      first time i access the shared folder. If i close the
      explorer window and again try to open the same folder
      thru new explorer window it is not asking for any user
      name & passwd and imm shows the folder content

      What could be the reason?

      Regards,

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2003
        Close the explorer under Win don't close your SMB connection.
        At 12:23 01/08/2003, you wrote:

        >Dear All:
        >
        >I have configured SAMBA on my RH7.3 box and can access
        >the shared folder remotely thru Win2K box.
        >
        >The problem is it asks for user name and passwd only
        >first time i access the shared folder. If i close the
        >explorer window and again try to open the same folder
        >thru new explorer window it is not asking for any user
        >name & passwd and imm shows the folder content
        >
        >What could be the reason?
        >
        >Regards,
        >
        >-

        Amicalement, Gerard ;-)