Whois Database

  • beach_boy_nc
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 21, 2003
      Is it possible to maintain my own whois database on my linux
      server? example whois.mydomain.com or do I have to be a
      registrar to have a whois database.

      Thanks

      Randy
    • Lentz, Wayne
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003
        I can't say for sure, but I highly doubt it. It would be insecure at best
        and maintaing the data would require large amounts of computing power and
        bandwidth.

        Is it possible to maintain my own whois database on my linux
        server? example whois.mydomain.com or do I have to be a
        registrar to have a whois database.

        Thanks

        Randy

        To unsubscribe from this list, please email
        LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.