Re: [LINUX_Newbies] recompile the kernel

  • Gerard Lutz
    Message 1 of 5 , May 5, 2003
      I use NTFS on all my Mdk bot nor recompile !
      Le Lundi 5 Mai 2003 22:02, Lobster a écrit :
      > At 17:15 04/05/2003 +0000, you wrote:
      > >NTFS support is not enabled by default--one has to recompile the kernel
      > >to enable it.
      >
      > Searched through my book on Linux
      > Did a web search . . .
      >
      > eh
      >
      > How does one recompile the kernel
      > - is it easy?
      >
      > Any pointers welcome :-)
      >
      > Lobster
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      >

      > What's new?
      >

      > To unsubscribe from this list, please email
      > LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

      Amicalement, Gerard ;-)
      Linux user # 302199
    • Andres Rosado
      Message 2 of 5 , May 8, 2003
        On 10:05 PM 5/5/2003 -0500, Chad Martin feed this fish to the sharks:
        > > How does one recompile the kernel
        > > - is it easy?

        Relatively easy, once you know what to turn on and what to turn off. I've
        heard horror stories about forgeting something.

        > > Any pointers welcome :-)
        >
        >http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Kernel-HOWTO/index.html
        >
        >tldp.org is a lifesaver in many cases. Take a look at their HOWTOs
        >whenever you need some step-by-step instruction.

        Also, I _think_ Scott still keeps Skylinux's howto. I _think_ it is in
        http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/kernel.html .

        --
        Andres Rosado
        Email: andresr@...

        That which was bitter to endure may be sweet to remember.
        -- English Proverb