Re: Ximian/Nautilus/Gnome Java apps

  • mj_halloran <mj_halloran@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2003
      Wayne--

      I think I finally got it all just about straightened out. Seems like
      maybe all isn't exactly right with the Sawfish WM, but otherwise
      things are straightened out for me. Great help with the shell script
      for Eclipse!

      I seemed to have most of my problem coming from my reading the manual.
      The SuSE manual says that /etc/init.d/boot.local is more or less
      equivalent to autoexec.bat. I tried to set some symbols like JAVA_HOME
      in there and although I could see the boot process using boot.local, I
      never got the symbols. Finally I hit upon putting my symbol defs in
      /etc/profile.local and that worked great. That' about all jEdit really
      needed.

      Thanks again!

      --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Wayne Fuller <pacofuller@y...>