boot c.d

  • ANKIT NAGARSHETH
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2003
      hello,
      can anyone guide me in making linux bootable
      cd(redhat),as to how to get the floppy image and where
      all the o.s files will be stored.Also if cd burning is
      reqd.

      ankit

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Chad Martin
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2003
        ANKIT NAGARSHETH wrote:
        > hello,
        > can anyone guide me in making linux bootable
        > cd(redhat),as to how to get the floppy image and where
        > all the o.s files will be stored.Also if cd burning is
        > reqd.

        If you want to burn an installation CD set, I'd suggest checking out
        http://www.linuxiso.org/ They have CD images for download and links to
        instructions on how to burn CDs. If you make the CDs from the .iso
        images, you shouldn't need a boot floppy. Just set your BIOS to boot
        from CD.

        If you don't want to burn CDs, you can always go out and buy a copy of
        Redhat.

        Chad Martin