/dev/fd0 unknown device

  • arief wicaksono
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 20, 2002

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 11, 2002

        > but when i mount /mnt/floppy
        >
        > error told:
        > /dev/fd0 unknown device
        >
        > my fstab in correct
        >
        > -if i cat /proc/devices
        > /def/fd0 is not here
        >
        > i try to use ./MAKEDEV fd
        > it doesnt work

        Are you sure you want the ./ in front of the MAKEDEV?

        Just a shot in the dark...

        Chad Martin
      • horrorvacui@gmx.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 11, 2002
          On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 10:27:26 -0500
          Chad Martin <chad@...> wrote:

          > arief wicaksono wrote:
          > > Im using Mandrake 8.1
          > >
          > > my floppy doesnt works well
          > >
          > > it works on boot (if i use boot disk)
          > >
          > > but when i mount /mnt/floppy
          > >
          > > error told:
          > > /dev/fd0 unknown device
          > >
          > > my fstab in correct
          > >
          > > -if i cat /proc/devices
          > > /def/fd0 is not here
          > >
          > > i try to use ./MAKEDEV fd
          > > it doesnt work
          >
          > Are you sure you want the ./ in front of the MAKEDEV?
          >
          > Just a shot in the dark...

          Hope I'm not answering too late - just got the mails...

          Yes, it is a shot in the dark - and missed :-) Makedev is a script that
          should be located in /dev. Or should I say used to be located? It is I
          think deprecated and replaced by another utility. Now, if only I could
          remember the name...

          I'll try to find that out and will give the instructions here, if it's not
          too late (but I guess it is already :-) )

          Cheers

          --
          Horror Vacui

          Registered Linux user #257714