openssl

  • Vikas
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6, 2002
      Dear all,
      I want to install openssl library(from www.openssl.org) on my Red Hat
      Linux 7.2 box. After unpacking the tarball, when I run ./config, the
      following message is displayed:
      bash:./config: bad interpreter: No such file or directory.
      How can I resolve the problem?

      Also, openssl requires Perl5 for installation, how can I know whether
      Perl 5 is installed or not? If it is not installed, how can I install
      it?

      Thanks in anticipation.

      Vikas
    • Michael Kjorling

        On Nov 6 2002 12:29 -0000, Vikas wrote:

        > Dear all,
        > I want to install openssl library(from www.openssl.org) on my Red Hat
        > Linux 7.2 box. After unpacking the tarball, when I run ./config, the
        > following message is displayed:
        > bash:./config: bad interpreter: No such file or directory.
        > How can I resolve the problem?

        Are you sure you are not supposed to run the configure script? That is
        the usual way to CONFIGURE GNU-ish programs.

        > Also, openssl requires Perl5 for installation, how can I know whether
        > Perl 5 is installed or not? If it is not installed, how can I install
        > it?

        $ which perl && perl -v

        will tell you both where it is and what version you have. Provided
        that it is in your path, which there is no reason that it shouldn't
        be. Otherwise, give the following command to locate the perl
        executable:

        $ find / -name perl -perm +111

        Michael Kjörling

        - --
        Michael Kjörling -- Programmer/Network administrator ^..^
        Internet: michael@... - Amateur Radio: SMØYBY \/
        PGP: 95f1 074d 336d f8f0 f297 6a5b 2aa3 7bfd 8a70 e33e
      • Vikas
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 6, 2002
          Thanx Micheal,
          but i cud not get much. My freind has also got Red Hat 7.2, but on
          his computer openssl library got installed perfectly.
          Is it due to some dependecy problem? can it be perl 5?

          vikas