Why crossposting is bad -- Cross-Posted: Linux Newbies & Redhat (was: Re: DHCP Server)

  • Andres Rosado
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2002
      I don't have an answer for your question. However, please read the
      following pages:

      A Guide for Newbies on Mailing lists and Newsgroups:
      http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/newbieguide.html

      The Unofficial Linux FAQ for the Linux, RedHat, and other YahooGroups:
      http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/linfaq.html

      And more specificly:
      http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/linfaq.html#cross

      Which tells why crossposting is bad, which is what you are doing.

      Thank you very much

      At 05:55 PM 8/2/2002 +0000, you wrote:
      >friends,
      >
      >Here I come again. I tried to install dhcp server with rpm -ivh, or -
      >Uvh dhcp-3.0.1*.rpm command. The result shows that the dhcp file has
      >been installed, however, if I use rpm -q dhcp or which dhcpd (dhcp) I
      >get information that NO DHCP PACKAGE has beeen installed. I have
      >installed it several times but I get the same result. What is going
      >on with that, friends? Anyone has insight about what is going on,
      >please let me know.
      >
      >thanks!

      -----------------------------------
      /"\
      \ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign
      X Against Cross Posting
      / \
    • Tazkoh
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2002
        try this command rpm -a -q | grep dhcp
        Andres Rosado wrote:I don't have an answer for your question. However, please read the
        following pages:

        A Guide for Newbies on Mailing lists and Newsgroups:
        http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/newbieguide.html

        The Unofficial Linux FAQ for the Linux, RedHat, and other YahooGroups:
        http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/linfaq.html

        And more specificly:
        http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/linfaq.html#cross

        Which tells why crossposting is bad, which is what you are doing.

        Thank you very much

        At 05:55 PM 8/2/2002 +0000, you wrote:
        >friends,
        >
        >Here I come again. I tried to install dhcp server with rpm -ivh, or -
        >Uvh dhcp-3.0.1*.rpm command. The result shows that the dhcp file has
        >been installed, however, if I use rpm -q dhcp or which dhcpd (dhcp) I
        >get information that NO DHCP PACKAGE has beeen installed. I have
        >installed it several times but I get the same result. What is going
        >on with that, friends? Anyone has insight about what is going on,
        >please let me know.
        >
        >thanks!

        /"\
        \ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign