Read-Write Permissions?

  • Joe Morris
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2000
      Help!!! Okay, I just downloaded and installed Mandrake 7.2, but, as one can usually expect from Mandrake, a problem arose.  I have no access to any of my drives except my zip (/dev/hdb4).  My floppy drive, my DVD, and my CD-Writer don't work.  When I go to open them I get a message telling me something about not having read/write priveleges for the device.  This does it in root as well.  How do I overcome this? Help me!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks in advance, Joe.