    Jun 9, 2014
      K3b is working fine here. In fact other applications that include disk burning, like Devede, also work in Kubuntu 14.04, 64-bit on my 3 and 1/2 year old HP desktop.

      Roy

      On Sunday, June 8, 2014 8:53:13 PM, "Joan Leach jleach728@... [LINUX_Newbies]" <LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      On Bugzilla, Brasero search shows 340 bugs found...
      Joan in Reno

      From: "Joan Leach jleach728@... [LINUX_Newbies]" <LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com>
      To: "linux_newbies@yahoogroups.com" <linux_newbies@yahoogroups.com>; Linux Group <linux@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, June 8, 2014 3:49 PM
      Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] Anyone notice disk-burning is different?

      I first noticed on my old Ubuntu 10.04 tower that Brasero wouldn't burn, so I used K3B. Then today, I noticed there was a community release of an Enlightenment PcLinuxOS iso, that might be a good fit for a friend's laptop where Bodhi's new CD wouldn't work, PAE probably is the problem, or the 512 MB RAM. I found it using my AM2 tower, but my old Ubuntu 10.04 is still my store house. However, the server says it's not there "OOPS!" Anyone run into that before?
      So, I downloaded with my AM2 with no such notice, but again I had to use K3B to burn it instead. However, it's good news for this Sony Vaio laptop owner, even with the wi-fi turned off, it saw it and the Network Center allowed it to see nearby access points when turned on, both by Live CD and installed. The AM2 is running Mint Mate 16 running at 64-bit. Old computers can't boot from the USB, so I hope they don't retire them any time soon.
      Joan in Reno

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic