31233Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Distro downloads and burns

  • linuxducks
    Oct 1, 2013
      ISO image

      Sent: Monday, September 30, 2013 5:33 PM
      Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] Distro downloads and burns

      In the past I have downloaded supposedly live iso files of os's and tried to make a bootable cd/dvd. The site assured me that the file would boot. When I burn it though It makes a folder with the system files inside and the bios cannot find the kernel. I am concluding that I am using the wrong burn software(roxio) or selecting the wrong options. Can someone suggest an alternate way to get a distro installed?

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic