30941Re: [LINUX_Newbies] What is bat com exe in Linux?

  • Trevor Pearson
    May 16 3:37 PM
      On 15/05/13 07:50, highskywhy@... wrote:

      > Mi Mai 15 08:48:39 2013
      > Good morning
      > Thank You for help.
      >

      > > Trev.
      > >
      > > Thank You for Your friendly help.
      > > It is sounding very complicate.
      > > Should the best way be
      > > to study Java and then upload applets?
      > >
      > > Can linux win mac android chrome and others understand applets?
      > >

      > Hi,
      >
      > I had presumed you were working in pascal, if you want an easy option
      > consider something like python, cross platform and architecture independent
      >
      > Yes all platforms can use Java appletts as far as I know, never tried on
      > android/ios .
      > *
      > I do not know python.
      > But can mac and Doswin users understand python?

      As far as I know there is no single language/enviroment that is
      understood and installed by default on all platforms. the closest is
      C#/Visual-basic on mono/.net. All compiled languages
      (Pascal,c,c++,fortran etc.) need to be compiled for each platform.
      This is easyish using make files, you develop on one platform and then
      release to many.

      Languages like python, java, C#, perl, basic, ruby etc need a program
      called an interpreter (Run time) in order to work. you also need to
      include any 'extras' that you use in your code (python modules, perl
      cpan) (.net/mono and java use a 'bytecode interpreter, python etc use a
      traditional style interpreter)

      Trevor.

      > Regards
      > Sophie