30825Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: zip

    Mar 16 11:44 PM
      So Mär 17 07:24:40 2013
      Good morning
      Thank You for email and help.

      > Can I find 7zip
      > with ls ?

      ls lists the contents of a diesctory, unless you add an option (for
      example) ls -R which lists all the files in a directory PLUS all the
      files in subdirectories.
      *
      Are there listed all installed software
      or all software including not-intalled software?

      There are many disk-indexing applications, but my preference is for the
      command line application locate.
      *
      OK

      As usual add with sudo apt-get install locate

      You will then need to update the database with sudo updatebd (you will
      also need to do this occasionally in the future)

      Then you can type locate <file> to locate any file you want. e.g.
      locate 7zip on my system gives a list:

      /usr/bin/p7zipForFilemanager
      /usr/lib/p7zip
      /usr/lib/p7zip/7z
      /usr/lib/p7zip/7z.sfx
      /usr/share/licenses/p7zip/License.txt
      /usr/share/licenses/p7zip/unRarLicense.txt
      *
      How was the first command to find 7zip
      was it:
      sudo apt-et install locate 7zip?

      Take a look at the Debian handbook sudo apt-get install debian handbook
      (it's free but donations welcomed for updating, etc). Other sources for
      information on X/K/ubuntu are the Official Documentation
      <https://help.ubuntu.com/12.10/ubuntu-help/index.html> pages and the
      ubuntuforums.org <ubuntuforums.org> .
      *
      Thank You.