30769Re: zip

  • Cameron Simpson
    Mar 1, 2013
      On 01Mar2013 20:07, highskywhy@... <highskywhy@...> wrote:
      | Fr Mär 01 19:07:12 2013
      |
      | ZIP UNZIP 7zip
      |
      | Good evening
      | How can I pack and unpack files?
      |
      | Is there a
      | pkzip
      | and pkunzip in Linux?

      There's zip and unzip.

      | Is 7zip a program, used in the terminal?

      I think 7zip is something else.

      Try the commands "zip" and "unzip".
      If they are not installed, try "apt-get zip" from a terminal (as root).

      Generally on UNIX people use tar for archiving instead of zip, but
      if you're dealing with zip people then of course you will need zip.

      Cheers,
      --
      Cameron Simpson <cs@...>

      If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you
      really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic