30665Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Problem 2:Install Remove Software

    Jan 15, 2013
      Di Jan 15 11:14:41 2013
      Good morning
      Problem 2:Install Remove Software
      Thank You for help.

      * apt-get remove package
      * apt-get remove --purge package

      * apt-get remove --purge --auto-remove package
      --------------
      This was not ok.
      --------------
      *

      Sophie, in the above commands replace the word "package" by the name of
      the package you want. For example, to remove the command called "less" do:
      * apt-get remove less
      * apt-get remove --purge less
      * apt-get remove --purge --auto-remove less
      In your case, the package is the "evolution".
      *
      Is it:
      * apt-get remove evolution
      * apt-get remove --purge evolution

      * apt-get remove --purge --auto-remove evolution

      And the last line is cleaning the whole hd from evolution, isnt it?

      ---------------
      apt-get remove --purge evolution
      there were and there are a lot of directories filled with evolution files:
      ---------------
      Yes, because the "evolution" is a graphic software and requires many
      files, libs and integration with the desktop environment to work. You
      could do this (thus avoiding remove many files):
      apt-get remove evolution
      *
      I did "apt-get remove evolution" and after this remove, there are a lot
      of "evolution" files.
      Is it simlar to win? If You delete software in a win-system, afterwords
      You have a lot to clean for example the registry.

      ----------------
      Example:
      Can I try.
      sudo apt-get freepascal
      and then Linux is running through the www and bring me the freepascal?
      -----------------
      Use this "apt-get install freepascal" or this "apt-get install fpc"
      There is another pascal compiler called "gpc" (GNU project) - Very good,
      by the way. Do it:
      "apt-get install gpc"
      *
      What pascal-compiler is the best?
      Lazarus
      Freepascal
      GNU
      ?
      Lararus is a GUI, but is Lazarus also a compiler?

      ---------------
      Questions:
      How many programs I can install with a Linuxsystem?
      (for not block the os)
      ---------------
      The Linux (as a Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, CentOS, ...) has no such
      limitation. In this case, the limitation is the hardware employed (eg:
      HD, Memory, ...).
      *
      I can see the hd. If there a 20 gb space, then there is no problem?
      How can software or to many software-programes block the memory?

      -------------------
      How can I find the best "pascal-compiler"?
      ------------------
      First, check the pascal compiler that exist on your Linux. The comand
      for this is:
      apt-cache search pascal (many compilers will appear as "fpc", "gpc",...)

      For show information package, do this:
      apt-cache show fpc ou apt-cache show gpc

      The best pascal compiler depend on what you need or want. I used the
      "gpc", because the "gpc" is done by the GNU Project (philosophical
      questions).
      *
      I want to write programs like this
      programm a; var a:inter; begin read(a); write (a); end.
      Text and very simple. So I think, Freepascal or GNU are better then
      Lazarus,isnt it?

      Regards