30419Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: Aptitude fails to configure 'dirmngr'

  • Roy
    Jul 11, 2012
      I agree. Debian is for experienced users. It can be finicky to set-up,
      especially with the binary blobs removed. Debian is great for some people.
      It supports the most architectures and is the basis for many distributions,
      but it is fairly old school in terms of its use and look. That being said,
      its community is large (and can be prickly at times) and you should be able
      to resolve just about any problem if you have the time and patience.

      There are many excellent Debian derivatives, some are based on Debian
      testing and others on Debian unstable. They work downstream to smooth out
      the bugs and add usability. Some of the bug fixes make it back upstream,
      but it is a slow process. Linux Mint Debian Edition or LMDE is based on
      testing and Ubuntu and its derivatives is based on unstable, as is aptosid.

      Using Kubuntu 12.04, 64-bit
      Location: Canada