30418Re: Aptitude fails to configure 'dirmngr'

    Jul 10, 2012
      --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "Pascal" <pascal.bernhard@...> wrote:

      > Hey all,
      >
      > I'm having once again a problem with my Debian Testing.

      Stop right there. Debian testing is exactly that, the testing branch. It is supposed to have problems! Debian testing is also not a proper choice for newbies either.

      Heck, I don't think any Debian version is the best choice for a newbie. Debian is only really user friendly to experienced users. As much as I may like the stuff I have to be realistic. The best words I can think of to describe Debian would be inscrutable, or perhaps intractable.

      I just ran into a known bug in stable running Debian today myself. I wonder if my workaround will work? I did do something rather esoteric in this day and age in order to manifest it though. I mean really now, how many people actually use gpm anymore?

      I'm from a time when gpm was rather popular though.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic