29416Re: [LINUX_Newbies] deb installer in Ubuntu 11.04

  • Chris
    May 3, 2011
      On May 3, 2011, at 8:32 PM, "james_jolin" <james.jolin@...> wrote:

      > I recently got the upgrade notice for Vbox. I downloaded the upgrade
      > and unlike before the deb installer did not come up to do the
      > install. For the life of me I cannot find what is missing. This did
      > not happen with Ubuntu 10,10. Anyone with some ideas??
      > Jim

      If you know where it downloaded to, you can install the deb file from
      a terminal shell with dpkg -i filename after navigating to the right
      directory. But I have never upgraded a version of virtual box once it
      was installed. I always just wait until the next distribution upgrade
      I do.

      Sent from a mobile device.

    »
    «