26989Re: Linux Capable Printers

  • loyal_barber
    Oct 3, 2009
      --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "majorridge67" <majorridge67@...> wrote:

      > Help! I need a good printer available in the American market that will work on Ubuntu that won't break a college guys budget. Any suggestions?

      I have had excellent luck and service from the Brother wired/wireless
      network printers. I think the current version is something like HL-
      2170W. Anyway, the one I have used the most plugs to my wired
      network directly and EVERY flavor of Linux I have used recognizes it
      immediately. Brother also makes basically the same printer that is just
      a USB model. Newegg had the USB model for $75 and the networked
      model for $140. I personally am not a fan of ink jets because of
      years of frustration with drying out, colors running etc.

      Loyal
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic