23302Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: Fedora 7 won't boot: Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel

  • duckz quack
    Jun 7, 2007
      corrupt kernel perhaps?

      try use the rescue cd and copy fresh kernel and try again

      de6vi6l <jaspreet.atwal@...> wrote: I would try re-installing the OS!

      --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <sdouglas949@...> wrote:

      > I'm new to Linux (less than a week) and had Feddora Core 6 installed
      > on my Dell Inspiron E1505 with no problems (except for the fact that I
      > couldn't get wireless to work on it)
      >
      > Today I tried upgrading to Fedora 7. Everything during installation
      > seemed to be going fine. Then at the end of the installation process
      > it had me remove the install DVD and then reboot.
      >
      > Now it won't boot at all. It gets stuck on "Uncompressing Linux...
      > Ok, booting the kernel." and won't do anything after that.
      >
      > I have Fedora installed on the same hard drive as Win XP, but they
      > have their own partitions. Win XP still boots fine.
      >
      > Anybody have any suggestions?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Steve

      Join Linux on Toshiba Group

      Fedora Core 4 - Toshiba and Acer Notebooks personal installation notes

      Visit http://www.freewebs.com/duckzland

      Ndiswrapper notes
      Kernel Guide

      Fedora Core 4