22151Re: Reformatting hard drive

  • burtiebob
    Nov 1, 2006
      Hi

      I'm having similar but different problems, try downloading 'insert
      security' live CD it's only ~50MB and has got some good tools to help
      you out.

      photorec -- to recover files from a harddrive
      gparted -- to partition your drive ready for a clean install

      hope this helps

      Mark

      --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "Timothy L. Bassey"
      <timmy_bassey@...> wrote:

      > Hi, I had a crash on my computer. Some one suggested that i wipe the
      > drive clean and start over. so, using the disk that came with the
      > hardrive I did just that. Reformatted the drive and set it up for
      > Win2000. I then started to install Blag 50002. It stops at the format
      > the hard drive stage. Okay what did I do wrong?

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic