      From: Andy Rowland [mailto:andrewr@...]
      Sent: 01 October 2004 7:45 PM
      To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] more internet problems...

      Hi people,

      Once again I am unable to connect to the internet. I have just moved my
      computer up to Uni where we have a wireless network installed in our
      flat. My question is:

      How do I install my Benq AWL300 Usb wireless adaptor into Linux Suse
      9.1? It works fine on my installation of Windows XP (on the same
      machine) but I've no idea if it's been autodetected in Linux (or if
      Linux even does this in normal use), and I haven't been able to find a
      specific driver for it for Linux when searching in google (if it needs a
      specific Linux driver) so I'm generally stuck. Anyone know how I can
      achieve this? Or how the whole connecting to an internal network via
      USB device works?

      Also is there anyway to simulate the automatic device detection that
      goes on when you first install SuSE? Cos for us novices that's always
      one to try with a new piece of hardware rather than doing it manually
      (although I'm sure in a lot of cases it might not work...) but it would
      be useful to be able to make it autodetect devices on command...

      Thanks everyone as always...

      Andy

      ---

      To unsubscribe from this list, please email
      LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
      Yahoo! Groups Links

      ---
      Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.