13187Re: [LINUX_Newbies] WinModem

  • Horror Vacui
    Dec 1, 2002
      cej4108@... wrote:

      >Hey, All
      >
      >Just installed the SuSE Linux 8.1 Pro on my Win2KPro machine. Dual Boot...works
      >great and it picked up everything except, of course, the modem.
      >
      >Any suggestions on third party package that will allow the modem to work under
      >the linux O/S?

      I guess many people would have suggestions had you specified the make
      and the model of your modem - like this, they'll have to limit
      themselves on giving generic, non-specific advice (which might be not
      very useful to you). If I remember the address correctly, you can get
      drivers and advice from www.linmodems.org. Have a look and try to solve
      it yourself (the best way to learn it), if you're unable to do so, ask
      again here. But don't forget to specify the make and the model of the
      modem this time :-)

      Cheers
      Horror Vacui
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic