13108Re: [LINUX_Newbies] FAT32

  • Horror Vacui
    Nov 5, 2002
      Andrea Muljono wrote:

      >Hi,
      > I just installed RH last Sunday, and start to learn Linux. I usually use
      >Solaris (as a user) to work.
      >I have question how to mount FAT32 HDD to RH as there is a share data
      >between Win XP and RH. Could any body help me ?

      You need to know which partition/disk the FAT volume is, and you need an
      empty directory to mount it on. For instance, if your FAT drive is the
      first partition on the master disk, on the primary IDE controller, it's
      /dev/hda1. You can mount that to the directory /mnt/fat (or whichever
      name you like) with the command:
      mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /mnt/fat
      If you want this partition to be mounted automatically, you can edit
      your /etc/fstab file and add a line saying:
      /dev/hda1 /mnt/fat vfat user 0 0

      Cheers
      Horror Vacui
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic