13090Re: [LINUX_Newbies] How to enable mouse wheel??

  • Horror Vacui
    Nov 1, 2002
      Godwin Stewart wrote:

      >From: "Satish Lohar" <satish@...>
      >Subject: Re: [LINUX_Newbies] How to enable mouse wheel??
      >

      >>Add following lines in
      >>/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file
      >>

      >That depends on the distro. I think XF86Config-4 is specific to Red Hat. My
      >Slackware systems use the standard /etc/X11/XF86Config.

      It's not RH-specific, it's the config file for XFree 4 and above -
      whether you have it or not depends on the way you've installed it. I
      guess a new install will have the XF86Config-4 file, my (upgraded)
      install stil uses the XF86Config. No problem with that, the -4 is only
      the first one XFree 4 parses, if there's none it'll fall back to the old
      one.

      Cheers
      Horror Vacui
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic