13087Re: [LINUX_Newbies] How to enable mouse wheel??

  • Horror Vacui
    Nov 1, 2002
      p_s_rathi wrote:

      >Hello,
      > I tried to install imwheel application to handle the wheel
      >events. But its not functioning properly. I have logitech 3 buttons
      >with wheel mouse.
      >kindly suggest some solution

      Find your XF86Config file - depending on the version of the X server it
      might be /etc/XF86Config, /etc/X11/XF86Config, /etc/XF11R6/XF86Config,
      /etc/XF11R6/XF86Config-4.... Quite confusing, yes. The XF86Config-4
      should be the right one if you're using XFree 4.2. Find the section
      saying something like:

      Section "InputDevice"
      Driver "mouse"
      Identifier "Mouse[1]"
      Option "Device" "/dev/pointer1"
      Option "InputFashion" "Mouse"
      Option "Name" "Autodetection"
      Option "Protocol" "ps/2"
      Option "Vendor" "Sysp"
      Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
      EndSection

      The "Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5" is what does the work here. It maps
      the movements of the scroll wheel as mouse buttons 4 and 5. This is
      something that will work with most applications, though not all of them
      understand it.

      Cheers
      Horror Vacui
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic