There goes the neighborhood! or Banks' last hurrah!

  • Nathan Hartley
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 16, 2006
      LSD Property on Glenburne Blvd

      That beautiful, park-like property, across the street from my house, owned by the Lansing School District has been put up for sale.

      12 Acres Multi-family Residential
      Glenburne Blvd., Lansing, $840,000

      Michigan Equities Realty, LLC
      2365 Woodlake Drive
      Okemos, MI 48864
      Phone: 517-349-7200 Fax: 517-349-7202

      The city assessors web site says it is only 6 acres and zoned as DM-1 Residential (The intent of the DM-1 Residential District is to permit the construction or conversion of multiple dwellings which may be developed at a net density ranging from 11.4 dwelling units per acre to 19.8 dwelling units per acre.).

      I am not so sure we need more rentals in this corner. And besides, I rather liked having a park so near to our house.

       Nathan Hartley

      http://iLothlorien.com

    • janice tolbert-bell
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 16, 2006
        I think we should go down to the city council meeting and express our concerns regarding this. I agree it's  good having the parks in the area.I also think that rental property do bring down the property value as well. we have enough rental property in this area. Keep in touch  Janice

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 24, 2006
          --- In leno@yahoogroups.com, "Nathan Hartley" <nathan@...> wrote:
          > That beautiful, park-like property, across the street from my house,
          owned
          > by the Lansing School District has been put up for sale.

          Ah, it seems the school district approved the sale of many of their
          properties 10/6/2005...

          "4. Approval of Agreement to Provide Professional Real Estate
          Services. RECOMMENDED MOTION: "that administration be authorized to
          negotiate and sign an agreement with Michigan Equities for the
          marketing of the Walnut School site, the old Gunnisonville School
          site, and various vacant properties located on Glenburne Blvd., West
          Allegan Street, Forest Road, and Brad Street.""

          Nathan Hartley
          http://iLothlorien.com